Banking & Financing
Manuel Cabrerizo contributes more than 16 years international experience in investment banking gained with WestLB in Germany, the UK and Spain. During that time he closed more than 40 structured financings across sectors and jurisdictions. Manuel has been particularly active in structuring, underwriting and syndicating renewable energy transactions. Much of his activity has been in the Spanish solar PV and solar thermal sectors, in which he has closed deals totaling 150 and 250 MW, respectively. Some of his landmark transactions are the combined financing of 31 wind farms in 2001, the world's largest solar PV plant in 2006, and the first solar thermal plant financing anywhere in the world since the 1980s in 2006, of the Andasol plant.
Equity & Commercial
Joost Samsom has 14 years of experience in the development, acquisition and management of renewable energy projects and companies. He was Executive Board Member of The Clean Energy Company, the renewable energy branch of global retail and distribution company SHV. Prior to working for SHV, Joost worked for Dutch utility Nuon as Senior Development Manager of the Nuon International Renewables Projects team. From 2002 to 2005 he was responsible for Nuon’s investments in Spain. Joost has served as an executive and non-executive director on the board of (renewable) energy companies in the United Kingdom, Germany and The Netherlands. Joost has in-depth knowledge of wind, solar and biomass projects, and has worked on various CSP projects at Voltiq during the last 5 years.
Equity & Financing
Paul Rittersma has 18 years of experience in investing and financing renewable energy and infrastructure projects. He worked as Senior Portfolio Manager Infrastructure in the global infrastructure team of Dutch asset manager PGGM and was instrumental in the successful roll-out of the renewable energy and co-investment portfolio. Paul was responsible for committing and investing over EUR 700 million. Prior to joining PGGM, Paul worked for Dutch utility Nuon as Manager Project Finance. He arranged and closed non-recourse project financings for renewable energy projects in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Norway, Spain and India. Paul has served as an executive and a non-executive director on the board of companies in the USA, Guernsey and Spain.
Director of Engineering & Advisory
Solar expert with 20 years of experience in the field of Concentrated Solar Power. Experience covers different aspects like:
- Engineering and design of parabolic trough power plants.
- Project execution and technical project management of utility scale solar power plants.
- Project development.
- Conceptual design.
- Performance analyses and optimization.
- Build up and management of engineering teams.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams across different countries.
Senior CSP Project Manager
Jesús Torres is a mechanical engineer and contributes with more than 10 years of professional experience in the CSP sector. He started in research and development before the commercial phase of the Spanish CSP sector and he joined later the Conergy Group for the development of several CSP projects which are today in operation. He has had several responsibilities within the EPC team of the Ferrostaal which managed the project execution and O&M start-up phases of one of the Andasol plants. His experience includes the following:
- Simulation of CSP plants.
- Prototype design.
- Solar resource analysis.
- Project development.
- Due diligence.
- Prototype testing.
- Build and management of O&M team.
- Development of CSP operation manual and strategy.
- CSP document management system.
CEO & President
Industrial engineer with double graduation in Economic Science, PhD in solar thermal power plants (CSP). Managing director with 20 years national and international experience in supervising and leading multidisciplinary CSP and PV projects and companies (Project development, financing, EPC and O&M). Used to work in highly competitive and demanding environments, ensuring the maximum return on employed capital of the shareholders. Main goals achieved:
- Negotiation, signing and execution of the EPC, O&M, SPA and SHA contract for the 50 MW CSP plant Andasol 3.
- Negotiation and signing of the cooperation agreement with eSolar (USA) and Ferrostaal (Germany)
- Start-up of a company in Spain and a new business unit worldwide.
- Negotiation and signing of an EPC contract for a 12 MW PV plant.
- Development and successful selling of the the 50 MW CSP plant Orellana.
- Start-up of a company in Spain.
- Pioneer in development of the first commercial parabolic trough power plants in Europe (Andasol 1,2 and 3) generating a total investment volume of more than 900 mio. € and up to 1000 jobs in the region.